Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by PAlvin <pe...@awebabove.com> on 2005/05/09 20:01:42 UTC

How do you get images to cache?

Background: For my web pages, since they are dynamically generated, I
want them NOT to be stored in browsers' caches.  No problem; I know
the tags 'n such to put in the pages so they don't cache.

BUT, for my images, I DO want the images to cache in the browser's
cache to make the pages load quicker and to save Internet traffic.

Question: How do I get the images to cache?

Peter Alvin
mobile 719-210-3858
skype 'smartmicro'

Re: How do you get images to cache?

Posted by Donny R Rota <dr...@us.ibm.com>.
Thanks!  I was able to fix it by putting this in the
Catalina/localhost/<wiki>.xml files directly:

   <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.authenticator.FormAuthenticator"
          disableProxyCaching="false" />

Don Rota, CTG Operations
Rational Software, IBM Software Group
20 Maguire Road, Lexington, MA 02421-3104
Tel: 781 676 2655, Fax: 781 676 7645
drrota@us.ibm.com

Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>
05/09/2005 02:05 PM
Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List"

Tomcat Users List <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: How do you get images to cache?

Google search for various http headers to add to your response:
Expires, pragma, ...

You'll probably need a filter to  implement this.

-Tim

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.