Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/24 19:16:42 UTC

[VOTE] [camel] spin off Camel as a sub-project?

Some of us have been noodling on the Camel library for a little while.
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/

Its basically a POJO implementation of the Enterprise Integration
Patterns using a typesafe fluent Java language
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/enterprise-integration-patterns.html

It started as a little experiment for JMS and ActiveMQ users but
quickly blossomed into something that has uses outside of this project
like MINA, CXF, ServiceMix.

Its already in its own module in SVN...
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/source.html

so I figured it was about time we decided on whether to make it a
fully fledged sub-project of ActiveMQ.

Please case your votes as follows:

[] +1 Make Camel a separate sub-project
[] +0 Don't care - I've got the hump :)
[] -1 Veto the move (provide specific comments)

--
James
-------

RE: [VOTE] [camel] spin off Camel as a sub-project?

Posted by "Mittler, Nathan" <na...@sensis.com>.
+1

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
+1

On 4/24/07, James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Some of us have been noodling on the Camel library for a little while.
> http://activemq.apache.org/camel/
>
> Its basically a POJO implementation of the Enterprise Integration
> Patterns using a typesafe fluent Java language
> http://activemq.apache.org/camel/enterprise-integration-patterns.html
>
> It started as a little experiment for JMS and ActiveMQ users but
> quickly blossomed into something that has uses outside of this project
> like MINA, CXF, ServiceMix.
>
> Its already in its own module in SVN...
> http://activemq.apache.org/camel/source.html
>
> so I figured it was about time we decided on whether to make it a
> fully fledged sub-project of ActiveMQ.
>
> Please case your votes as follows:
>
> [] +1 Make Camel a separate sub-project
> [] +0 Don't care - I've got the hump :)
> [] -1 Veto the move (provide specific comments)
>
> --
> James
> -------
> http://macstrac.blogspot.com/

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Re: [VOTE] [camel] spin off Camel as a sub-project?

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: [VOTE] [camel] spin off Camel as a sub-project?

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
+1

-dain

Posted by Timothy Bish <ti...@sensis.com>.
+1

Posted by Adrian Co <ac...@exist.com>.
+1 :-)

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
+1

Regards,
Alan

Posted by William Tam <em...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/
Castor - http://castor.org/

Re: [VOTE] [camel] spin off Camel as a sub-project?

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
+1