Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by David Lloyd <ll...@rebel.net.au> on 2001/10/29 06:17:45 UTC

Bug Report::Embperl + Session Handling

Gerald!

I recently decided to upgrade Storable and Apache::Session; the base
system is a RedHat 7.1 installation of Perl v5.6.0.

Versions I have are found at:

---
http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/JBAKER/Apache-Session-1.54.tar.gz
http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/RAM/Storable-1.0.13.tar.gz

Default (stable) 1.3.3 Embperl version
---

My session handling is setup as:

---
    # Setup the session handler
    PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_SESSION_CLASSES "MySQL MySQL"
    PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_SESSION_ARGS
"DataSource='dbi:mysql:EmbperlSessions' UserName='EmbperlSession'
Password='***' LockDataSource='dbi:mysql:EmbperlSessions'
LockUserName='EmbperlSession' LockPassword='***'"
    PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_COOKIE_PATH "/ispeed"
    PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_COOKIE_DOMAIN "david.net.au"
    PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_COOKIE_EXPIRES "+1d"
---

Every now and then, mod_perl will complain:

---
[Mon Oct 29 15:28:15 2001] [error] Can't locate object method "hexhash"
via package "MD5" at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i386-linux/HTML/Embperl.pm line 1696
---

This line uses MD5->hexhash(blah blah blah).

I created a little "test.pl" on my system:

---
#! /usr/bin/perl

use MD5;

$tohash="David";
$ourhash=MD5->hexhash($tohash);

print "$tohahs is $ourhash\n";
---

This compiles on my system.

Now, I added the line:

"use MD5"

just before all the "use strict" in Embperl.pm and it's working again
now...it didn't appear in the original file. I've tried recompiling
Embperl and the same error appeared.

Any idea what's up?

DSL

--
If we could extract all the evil from each of us,
 Think of the world that we could create!

Re: Bug Report::Embperl + Session Handling

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> I recently decided to upgrade Storable and Apache::Session; the base
> system is a RedHat 7.1 installation of Perl v5.6.0.
>
> Versions I have are found at:

One of those module didn't require MD5 anymore, so it's not loaded as it was
with the old versions. That's why loaded MD5 solves your problem. I fix it
in the next release

Gerald