Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org> on 2023/04/12 18:48:23 UTC

[VOTE] Releasing of nbm-archetype 1.18 netbeans-platform-app-archetype 1.23

Dear members of Apache NetBeans community.

I want to call a vote on releasing the following Apache NetBeans Archetypes

1) nbm-archetype-1.18
2) netbeans-platform-app-archetype-1.23

Apache Maven Archetypes are used by Apache NetBeans in the project wizard
"Java With Maven" to create NetBeans Module and NetBeans Application

- Archetype used plugin are up to date, java 8 minimum like previously.

The voting artefacts sources are respectivly located here:
1)
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/netbeans/netbeans-maven-archetypes/nb
m-archetype/nbm-archetype-1.18/
2)
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/netbeans/netbeans-maven-archetypes/ne
tbeans-platform-app-archetype/netbeans-platform-app-archetype-1.23/

The source are respectivly located (repository, commit id, tag)
1) https://github.com/apache/netbeans-mavenutils-archetype-nbm-archetype
with
the commit id 9a8d62568a939e1b1a97ee01106eb18cf50c3bcc (tag
nbm-archetype-1.18)
2)
https://github.com/apache/netbeans-mavenutils-archetype-netbeans-platform-ap
p-archetype with
the commit id e9c50b3fd8bb446e827fb38a4e26b31676643897 (tag
netbeans-platform-app-archetype-1.23)

Archetypes are staged in the following maven repository
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachenetbeans-1126/

Key file is here:
https://www.apache.org/dist/netbeans/KEYS

The vote is open for at least 72h.

Best Regards

Eric Barboni (skygo)

Re: [VOTE] Releasing of nbm-archetype 1.18 netbeans-platform-app-archetype 1.23

Posted by Michael Bien <mb...@gmail.com>.
+1

checked the diffs:

https://github.com/apache/netbeans-mavenutils-archetype-netbeans-platform-app-archetype/compare/netbeans-platform-app-archetype-1.22...netbeans-platform-app-archetype-1.23
https://github.com/apache/netbeans-mavenutils-archetype-nbm-archetype/compare/nbm-archetype-1.17...nbm-archetype-1.18

and everything looked fine to me (thanks for tagging the releases :)).

The staged release does also look good.

Next I installed the artifacts locally and ran mvn archetype:craw +
added the staging repo to the settings.

Started #5753 and tested the two project wizards - everything worked
fine. Interestingly, the nbm project wizard isn't using the archetype,
it assembles the pom differently, the nb-app wizard does use the
archetype as expected. But we can discuss this somewhere else.
(initially I thought something was wrong since the pom didn't fit to the
archetype)

best regards,

michael

Posted by Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org>.
+1 binding

Will close and release soon

Eric

- contents of voting artifacts matches repository
- LICENSE and NOTICE files look sane
- checked the contents of the voting artifacts - they look sane

Posted by Matthias Bläsing <mb...@doppel-helix.eu.INVALID>.
+1 (binding)