Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by Cedric Hurst <ce...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/27 01:28:27 UTC

"Found duplicate query" annoyance

Anytime I define a @NamedQuery in an @Entity and reference it in a
PersistenceContext, I get this warning when I instantiate a new
EntityManager:

17:44:27,171 WARN  [MetaData] Found duplicate query "customerByName" in
"class
com.gmail.at.cedrichurst.complexDataTypeWSExampleEJB.domain.Customer".
Ignoring.

I'm using OpenJPA inside Apache Geronimo, so I figured this may have
something to do with runtime vs container management of the EntityManager.

Here's my Entity class code:

http://svn2.assembla.com/svn/d5Z24gWSer3lvHabIlDkbG/ComplexDataTypeWSExampleEJB/ejbModule/com/gmail/at/cedrichurst/complexDataTypeWSExampleEJB/domain/Customer.java

... and my persistence.xml can be found here:

http://svn2.assembla.com/svn/d5Z24gWSer3lvHabIlDkbG/ComplexDataTypeWSExampleEJB/ejbModule/META-INF/persistence.xml

This isn't a critical issue, but I've always wondered if there's anything I
should be doing to get rid of it.