Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/16 19:41:55 UTC

Re: Ignite read through cache with cache loader factory does not work with CreatedExpiryPolicy

Hi,

Please properly subscribe to the mailing list so that the community can
receive email notifications for your messages. To subscribe, send empty
email to user-subscribe@ignite.apache.org and follow simple instructions in
the reply.

itzmedinesh wrote
> I have enabled read-through and created custom cache loader factory for my
> ignite configuration (cacheTemplateConfig)
>
> I have also set CreatedExpiryPolicy for the complete cache instance
>
> igniteCacheConfig.setExpiryPolicyFactory(CreatedExpiryPolicy
> .factoryOf(CACHE_EXPIRY_DURATION.get(cacheConfig
> 								.getExpiryDuration())));
>
> this.igniteCache = ignite.getOrCreateCache(cacheTemplateConfig);
>
> When i use this.igniteCache .get(key), the load(key) method is called and
> my cache is populated. However the cache entry does not expiry after the
> duration of "ONE_MINUTE" which I have configured.
>
> This configuration works as expected for AccessedExpiryPolicy and
> TouchedExpiryPolicy.
>
> If i load an entry into the cache using igniteCache.put(key,value)
> (without cache loader factory) then CreatedExpiryPolicy works perfectly.

It seems that you're right. I created a ticket [1] that you can watch.
Hopefully someone in the community will pick it up and fix.

-Val