Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Anamika raj <ra...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/10 21:53:44 UTC

how to enable management agent on a process

i am configuring a server to monitor it with jconsole locally.when i m
starting the jconsole PID is showing for that server in the jconsole(for
local monitoring) but it is giving me message that "management agent is not
enables on that process.

how to enable the management agent for that process or tell me for any
process in simple,step by step.

i didnt do any configuration to monitor that server with Jconsole,do i need
to do anything to configure any server with jconsole?
I want to know if i want to monitor any server what configuration I have to
do.

                                Thanx

RE: how to enable management agent on a process

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Anamika raj [mailto:rajnamika@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: how to enable management agent on a process
>
> i am not getting how to set
> com.sun.management.jmxremote in the system property.

The basic answer is that you set it the same way you set any other Java system property.  Perhaps you need to learn Java fundamentals.

It's difficult to give you specifics when you don't bother to provide basic information such as Tomcat version, JVM level, and the platform you're running on.  Also, if it's Windows, are you running Tomcat via the scripts, or as a service?  If Linux/UNIX, how are your starting Tomcat?

- Chuck

Re: how to enable management agent on a process

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Well, you did not mention the platform under which you are running
Tomcat, nor the Tomcat version, not the Java version, so I could only
give you general stuff.
(And if this happened to be a Tomcat running under Windows, please also
indicate how you are starting Tomcat).

Posted by Anamika raj <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.