Posted to user@synapse.apache.org by Jason Royals <m2...@fragstealers.com> on 2008/09/20 05:04:46 UTC

Functional testing of Synapse configuration: maven-synapse-plugin

Hi folks,

Just thought I'd share a maven plugin that I wrote to support some
development we were doing with Synapse at the company I work for.  The
company supports our open-source developments so its all above board :-)

We wanted to test-drive our Synapse configuration.  To do this, we wanted to
spin up a Synapse instance that we could configure from the Maven build, run
some functional tests to verify that our proxy, mediation and transport
switching worked as expected, then tear it down.  We didn't want individual,
uncontrolled Synapse installations on every machine so the plugin goes and
gets everything it needs from the Maven2 repo, which is good for things like
CI servers which we dont have access to (at least where I work!).  Some
googling didn't find anything so we wrote a plugin to support our
requirement, and it works pretty well for us.

Its a SF project right now but if the Apache Synapse project would like it,
we'll be happy to donate it when it's a little more mature.

The maven-synapse-plugin is documented on
http://maven-synapse.sourceforge.net.

Cheers,
Jason Royals

Re: Functional testing of Synapse configuration: maven-synapse-plugin

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Hi Jason
> Just thought I'd share a maven plugin that I wrote to support some
> development we were doing with Synapse at the company I work for.  The
> company supports our open-source developments so its all above board :-)
>
> We wanted to test-drive our Synapse configuration.  To do this, we wanted to
> spin up a Synapse instance that we could configure from the Maven build, run
> some functional tests to verify that our proxy, mediation and transport
> switching worked as expected, then tear it down.  We didn't want individual,
> uncontrolled Synapse installations on every machine so the plugin goes and
> gets everything it needs from the Maven2 repo, which is good for things like
> CI servers which we dont have access to (at least where I work!).  Some
> googling didn't find anything so we wrote a plugin to support our
> requirement, and it works pretty well for us.
>
> Its a SF project right now but if the Apache Synapse project would like it,
> we'll be happy to donate it when it's a little more mature.
>
> The maven-synapse-plugin is documented on
> http://maven-synapse.sourceforge.net.

This sounds really good, and will help many of our users.. and I'm sure
no one would object to having this under Synapse, when you are ready to
donate this back..

asankha

PS: BTW, Your email address was not subscribed, and it went into
moderation.. hence the delay for it to appear here :)