Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Corbin Hoenes <co...@tynt.com> on 2012/03/27 01:15:48 UTC

github piggybank

I know there has been lots of discussion on git going on.  I've been wanting a place to stick useful UDFS that are pretty generic as well as nice place to share other people's work.  I was thinking github would be a nice place to do this (and have heard others say as much on this list).

I noticed we now have apache pig on github: https://github.com/apache/pig
as well as a "wilbur" piggybank repository.

Is forking the apache repos and contributing to the piggybank inside there the best way to let people share/reuse these common UDFs or is there something else?

Re: github piggybank

Posted by Dmitriy Ryaboy <dv...@gmail.com>.
Yeah if anyone wants to take this on, I'll happily add them to the wilbur
project.
I think github is a fantastic way to rapidly share helper UDFs, etc.

Re: github piggybank

Posted by Bill Graham <bi...@gmail.com>.

Re: github piggybank

Posted by Jonathan Coveney <jc...@gmail.com>.