Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org> on 2020/09/15 16:43:15 UTC

Tech talk: thoughts and suggestions on how to use Ignite with serverless functions

Igniters,

The serverless architecture
<https://martinfowler.com/articles/serverless.html#WhatIsServerless> is
getting more traction these days since it helps us to reduce the costs of
our cloud-based applications.

Several months ago I decided to research if Ignite is 100% ready for
serverless deployments. This tutorial
<https://martinfowler.com/articles/serverless.html#WhatIsServerless> is the
first result of the research, plus we planned to perform several
optimizations in the Ignite codebase. Overall, there are some specificities
and limitations, but, nothing bars us from using Ignite with serverless
functions.

Tomorrow, September 16th, I'd like to elucidate more on my current findings
by giving a talk on the topic. Please join the talk
<https://www.gridgain.com/resources/webinars/going-cloud-native-serverless-applications-apache-ignite>
or respond here if you'd like to get a reference to the recording.

-
Denis

Re: Tech talk: thoughts and suggestions on how to use Ignite with serverless functions

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Pavel, thanks for catching that. These are the correct coordinates of the
tutorial
<https://www.gridgain.com/docs/tutorials/serverless/azure-functions-tutorial>
.

-