Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Enrique Tabernero <en...@internet.com.uy> on 2003/11/18 14:13:47 UTC

[users@httpd] disabling apache authentication in one directory

Hi everybody
I need help in the following.
My site is using radius authentication (with radius auth module).
In the main directory there is an .htaccess file with the following directives:

AuthType Basic
AuthName "blablabla"
AuthAuthoritative off
AuthRadiusAuthoritative on
AuthRadiusCookieValid 15
AuthRadiusActive On
require valid-user

Under it there is another subdirectory for which i want to disable authentication.
I need to access the pages under this subdirectory without authentication.
I have read many documents, and tried some directives (including authradiusauthoritative off in .htaccess in the subdirectory) without success.

Please, I would appreciate any help

Thanks  :)

Enrique

---

Re: [users@httpd] disabling apache authentication in one directory

Posted by Enrique Tabernero <en...@internet.com.uy>.
Worked!!
I had read the directive satisfy without noticing it was de right one! Seems so easy now   ;)

Thanks baz.
  Make an .htaccess in that subdir with the following two lines:

  Allow from all
  Satisfy Any

  The trick ofcourse lies in the 'Satisfy' directive.

  baz.

  > Hi everybody
  > I need help in the following.
  > My site is using radius authentication (with radius auth module).
  > In the main directory there is an .htaccess file with the following
  > directives:
  >
  > AuthType Basic
  > AuthName "blablabla"
  > AuthAuthoritative off
  > AuthRadiusAuthoritative on
  > AuthRadiusCookieValid 15
  > AuthRadiusActive On
  > require valid-user
  >
  > Under it there is another subdirectory for which i want to disable
  > authentication.
  > I need to access the pages under this subdirectory without authentication.
  > I have read many documents, and tried some directives (including
  > authradiusauthoritative off in .htaccess in the subdirectory) without
  > success.
  >
  > Please, I would appreciate any help
  >
  > Thanks  :)
  >

  > Enrique