Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Min Chen <mi...@citrix.com> on 2012/10/18 00:11:19 UTC

Any reason why domain end user cannot provision VM using VPC created from its domain admin

Hi there,

In playing with VPC feature, I noticed that a domain end user cannot provision a VM instance using VPC created by its domain admin? Any reason that we place such a restriction. IMO, VPC is like infrastructure setup, after that is done by domain admin, it should be visible to end user in the same domain. Of course, end user should not be able to re-config the VPC, but provisioning using that network setup should be fine.

Thanks.

-min

Re: Any reason why domain end user cannot provision VM using VPC created from its domain admin

Posted by Ahmad Emneina <Ah...@citrix.com>.
On 10/17/12 3:11 PM, "Min Chen" <mi...@citrix.com> wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>In playing with VPC feature, I noticed that a domain end user cannot
>provision a VM instance using VPC created by its domain admin? Any reason
>that we place such a restriction. IMO, VPC is like infrastructure setup,
>after that is done by domain admin, it should be visible to end user in
>the same domain. Of course, end user should not be able to re-config the
>VPC, but provisioning using that network setup should be fine.
>
>Thanks.
>
>-min

+1 this seems broken, esp if the domain users can see these networks. I
also believe the admin should be able to control use and visibility of
networks.