Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by Toliver Jue <te...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/13 05:03:20 UTC

Contribution process, adding Go language support

Hi developers,
I'm new to Thrift, but am learning the Go language, and as a starting
project, was writing the Go language bindings for Thrift. I was
wondering how I could get code reviewed and submitted to the Thrift
repo once the code was in shape.

Here's my repo:
https://github.com/teejae/thrift/

The current branch I'm using for doing code generation is here:
https://github.com/teejae/thrift/tree/go_thrift_codegen

Would appreciate any pointers you might have! Thanks!

Toliver

Re: Contribution process, adding Go language support

Posted by Mathias Herberts <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 06:56, Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com> wrote:
> Tolliver -
>
> It'd be great if you created a JIRA ticket at
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT. I don't know if we have any Go
> developers in the project at this point, but I'm willing to do some reviews
> if you put together decent instructions. I'd especially appreciate it if you
> included tests for your new code generator and library.

I created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT-625 in 2009-11,
I guess it fits right in.

Re: Contribution process, adding Go language support

Posted by Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com>.
Tolliver -

It'd be great if you created a JIRA ticket at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT. I don't know if we have any Go
developers in the project at this point, but I'm willing to do some reviews
if you put together decent instructions. I'd especially appreciate it if you
included tests for your new code generator and library.

-Bryan