Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2020/05/25 19:42:47 UTC

[DISCUSS] Users page

Hi all,

I think we discussed this multiple times but never actually continued. So I took the liberty of adding a new page to our website:
https://plc4x.apache.org/users/users.html

However this page isn’t linked in the navigation as I want to discuss this first.

It’s the plan to allow any company to be listed there. The mechanism on how to get added is by providing a PR. This way we have someone who is in git-blame and which we can say is responsible for having a company added.

I updated all links to be “nofollow” links and to open new browser tabs.

Would such a page be in-line with the ASF policies?

Chris

Re: [DISCUSS] Users page

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Looks fine to me.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [DISCUSS] Users page

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Don't think we need a vote here ... I think we also discussed the matter one or two times before and no one objected.

So I'd say as soon as Justin says we're ok with the ASF rules, I think we should add it and then also do some social media initiative asking people to give back by getting listed.

What do you think?

Chris

Am 26.05.20, 09:18 schrieb "Julian Feinauer" <j....@pragmaticminds.de>:

    Hi,

    yes. Just wanted to add my point here : )
    But of course some feedback is very welcome about best practices.

    Perhaps we could even hold a formal vote to give it the necessary attention on the list?

    Julian

    Am 26.05.20, 09:16 schrieb "Christofer Dutz" <ch...@c-ware.de>:

        Hi Julian,

        I like the name "adopters" ... sounds better than "users" especially if it's on the "users" part of the website.

        I would like some feedback from some other ASF folks as in the past they have brought up concerns and I would prefer to hear if they are ok with this.

        Chris

        Am 26.05.20, 09:07 schrieb "Julian Feinauer" <j....@pragmaticminds.de>:

            Hi Chris,

            thanks for tackling this.
            I really like it and in fact I woul dprobably place it even more prominent.
            I like how eclipse IoT Working Group did it:

            https://iot.eclipse.org/adopters/

            I see no reason why this would not comply with ASF policy.

            Julian

Re: [DISCUSS] Users page

Re: [DISCUSS] Users page

Re: [DISCUSS] Users page