Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Warren Nicholson <wa...@nfinausa.com> on 2013/04/22 16:50:04 UTC

Replacing Management Controller

I'm trying to write a procedure to replace the management controller

in case of a failure.

I have set up the replacement server identically (Centos, NICs, Cloudstack).

I then exported the database files (Cloud, Cloud_Usage, MySQL) from the
original

and imported them into the replacement.

Everything seemed to work (templates, Primary, Secondary), except the SSVM
and

the Console Proxy are stuck in "stopping" state.  According to the
management-server.log

file, it is detecting the old SSVM is in stopping state and prefers to just
wait and let it resolve

itself, which it never does.

Suggestions?

Warren