Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu> on 2006/05/11 01:58:13 UTC

release-plugin enhancement

All,
I'd like to add the ability to specify the release version, next
development iteration and tag base as parameters to the release plugin
so that no interactivity is needed.

1st any objections?

2nd: For multimodule builds, release prompts for the versions for each
module. Is this really needed? It seems like if someone is releasing a
multimodule build as a single unit, shouldn't all the modules share the
version number?

 If no, then I propose 1 of 2 solutions: if the version IS the same as
the parent to begin with, then don't bother prompting. AND/OR if
multiple modules are detected, prompt if we can use the same number.

I don't mind doing the work here, just wondering what everyone else
thinks.

Re: release-plugin enhancement

Posted by dan tran <da...@gmail.com>.
There is a JIRA to create release:release mojo to do just that to support
full release automation

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
+1, for the next version.

On the second one, I suggest allowing a choice of "use for all" and "use
for all that had the same original version" in addition to the current
"user for this one only".

- Brett