Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Julien Le Dem <ju...@dremio.com> on 2016/10/08 00:36:23 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Arrow 0.1.0 - rc3

Hello all,
I'd like to propose the first release candidate (rc3) of Apache Arrow version
0.1.0.
The release notes can be found at [1]
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release.

The source release rc3 is hosted at [2] and the java artifacts at [3] (this
staging repo will be published after the vote has ended).
This release candidate is based on commit
eb1491a96d1fb92bf9c8bfc1acb7a8768af53a7e located at [4].

The vote will be open for the next ~72 hours ending at 5:00 PM
Pacific, October 10th, 2016.

[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1

I have run the java build + tests
I have run cpp build + tests
I have run python build + tests
I have tried the parquet integration
Here's my vote: +1

Thanks,
Julien

How to validate a release signature:
https://httpd.apache.org/dev/verification.html

[1] *https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12319525&version=12338369
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12319525&version=12338369>*
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/arrow/apache-arrow-0.1.0-rc3/
[3] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachearrow-1001/
[4]
https://github.com/apache/arrow/commit/eb1491a96d1fb92bf9c8bfc1acb7a8768af53a7e

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Arrow 0.1.0 - rc3

Posted by Julien Le Dem <ju...@dremio.com>.
with 3 binding +1s, 3 non binding and no -0 or -1 the vote passes.
We have our first release!
Congrats everybody :)
I will be finalizing the artifacts.

--
Julien

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Arrow 0.1.0 - rc3

Posted by Jason Altekruse <ja...@dremio.com>.
Hello all,

Posted by Uwe Korn <uw...@xhochy.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org>.
I tested:

reviewed notice file
reviewed files for apache headers
java build + tests
cpp build + tests (initial issue was sourcing old flatbuffers)
wrote a small java program leveraging maven artifacts

Looks good to me.

+1

Posted by Jihoon Son <ji...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)