Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Andrew Ho <an...@tellme.com> on 2002/02/02 01:50:59 UTC

[OT] Mac OS X compilation woes (Was: Apache::args vs Apache::Request speed)

Hello,

JS>An initial build and install of:
JS>    http://www.apache.org/~joes/libapreq-1.0-rc1.tar.gz
JS>
JS>on a previously-working apache 1.3.22 mod_perl 1.26 server on OS X 10.1.2
JS>with this:
JS>    use Apache::Request;
JS>    use Apache::Cookie;
JS>
JS>In its startup.pl file causes the following:
JS>
JS># bin/httpd -d /usr/local/apache -f conf/httpd.conf
JS>dyld: bin/httpd Undefined symbols:
JS>_ap_day_snames
JS>_sv2request_rec

I'm having a similar problem but it's for ANY symbols in a .a that you
compile something with. e.g. say I have a C library and it lives in
/usr/local/lib/libfoo.a (include in /usr/local/include/foo.h) and exports
void foo(). If I have a test C program tester.c:

    #include <foo.h>
    int main { foo(); return 0 }

And I compile it so:

    % cc -o tester -lfoo tester.c

And I run it, I'll get the undefined symbols error that you paste above.
This happens for me with a variety of existing open source libraries that
I've built. I theorize your problem with libapreq may stem from a similar
problem (I'm also running 10.1.2).

Humbly,

Andrew

Andrew Ho               http://www.tellme.com/       andrew@tellme.com
Engineer                   info@tellme.com          Voice 650-930-9062
Tellme Networks, Inc.       1-800-555-TELL            Fax 650-930-9101