Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Frederic Le Gall <fl...@clustercomputing.com> on 2002/11/27 22:01:13 UTC

Shopping cart and Pull Service

I want to write a shopping cart tool using the Pull service.

I have found a few examples of using the request options in the TDK but
does anybody know where I can find an example using the session option.

Has anybody worked on a shopping cart and willing to share the code? I
will be happy to write a How to and to integrate it in Turbine.

Thanks in advance,

Fred.

RE: Shopping cart and Pull Service

Posted by Chris K Chew <ch...@fenetics.com>.
> I have found a few examples of using the request options in the TDK but
> does anybody know where I can find an example using the session option.

To put a tool in the session scope, simply enter the TR.props line
"tool.session.<id>" instead of "tool.request.<id>".  Using the session scope
is effectively no different than the request scope in terms of writing one.
The only difference is that Turbine saves the object to the session
(TurbineUser.setTemp()) instead of instantiating a clean object with each
request.

Chris