Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Scott Haneda <li...@newgeo.com> on 2005/05/05 04:14:36 UTC

I seem to be in surbl, can someone please help me

I don't fully understand how SURBL works and all the details, I have been on
this list for a few weeks getting ready to get SA installed and working,
trying to learn.

I just posted to mysql mail list and got this back:
The following message could not be delivered to mysql@lists.mysql.com at
host
lists.mysql.com (213.136.52.31) because the message content was rejected.
552 newgeo.com in ab.surbl.org (Blocked, See:
http://spamvertised.abusebutler.com/)

that domain is my personal website, I see I am listed in surbl, how do you
go about finding out how and why?

I had a whopping 50 visits to my website today, so I cam pretty sure I did
not get joe jobbed with my url, at least, traffic is not indicating it.

So this seems in error, which is not a huge deal, I just turn my sig off for
now :-) But do I fall out of surbl autmatically?  And how do I find out why
this happened and prevent it?

This url does not prove helpful at all
<http://spamvertised.abusebutler.com/>

Re: I seem to be in surbl, can someone please help me

Posted by Scott Haneda <li...@newgeo.com>.
on 5/4/05 7:14 PM, Scott Haneda at lists@newgeo.com wrote:

> So this seems in error, which is not a huge deal, I just turn my sig off for
> now :-) But do I fall out of surbl autmatically?  And how do I find out why
> this happened and prevent it?

I just also got this back from mysql lists:
MDaemon has identified your message as spam.  It will not be delivered.

>From      : mysql-return-183632-lawi=mumias-sugar.com@lists.mysql.com
To        : lawi@mumias-sugar.com
Subject   : [***SPAM*** Score/Req: 04.00/01.20] stability of mysql error
strings

Yes, hits=4.0 required=1.2 tests=AB_URI_RBL,BAYES_00  autolearn=no
version=2.64
****
* -4.0 BAYES_00 BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 0 to 1% *      [score:
0.0000] *  8.0 AB_URI_RBL URI's domain appears in ab.surbl.org *
[lists.mysql.com is blacklisted in URI RBL at] [multi.surbl.org]

: Message contains [1] file attachments

So it seems my sig off option is not a option.
<http://www.newgeo.com>                     Novato, CA U.S.A.

Re: I seem to be in surbl, can someone please help me

Posted by Scott Haneda <li...@newgeo.com>.
on 5/4/05 7:14 PM, Scott Haneda at lists@newgeo.com wrote:

> I just posted to mysql mail list and got this back:
> The following message could not be delivered to mysql@lists.mysql.com at
> host
> lists.mysql.com (213.136.52.31) because the message content was rejected.
> 552 newgeo.com in ab.surbl.org (Blocked, See:
> http://spamvertised.abusebutler.com/)

FYI, problem solved: