Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Random Tapestry User <ta...@comcast.net> on 2005/04/18 19:55:12 UTC

Creating checkboxes for multiple select items.

Hi all,

Not sure if I'm missing something here. I've read the book, and I know
this must be something simple I have overlooked.

I have a survey that the user needs to fill out.

The survey object, has question objects. Each question object has a
number of choices, either single-select or multiple select.

I have created a @ListEdit component that iterates the questions just
fine, but I'm struggling a bit with constructing the choices for the user.

The questions have basically 2 cases, multiple select, and single select.

I'm going to implement the single select with a @RadioGroup.

I WANT to implement the multiple select with checkboxes, instead of a
multi-select input field.

Is there a standard solution for this, using checkboxes for a multiple
select ?

Thanks in advance,
tappapp

Re: Creating checkboxes for multiple select items.

Posted by Paul Ferraro <pm...@columbia.edu>.
Have you looked at the contrib:MultiplePropertySelection component?  It
does exactly this.

Paul