Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Peng Xiao <25...@qq.com> on 2017/11/27 09:32:46 UTC

consistency against rebuild a new DC

Hi there,

We know that we need to run repair regularly to make data consistency,suppose we have DC1 & DC2,
if we add a new DC3 and rebuild from DC1,can we suppose the DC3 is consistency with DC1 at least at the time when DC3 is rebuild successfully?

Thanks,
Peng Xiao,

Re: consistency against rebuild a new DC

Posted by kurt greaves <ku...@instaclustr.com>.
No. Rebuilds don't keep consistency as they aren't smart enough to stream
from a specific replica, this all replicas for a rebuild can stream from a
single replica. You need to repair after rebuilding.

If you're using NTS with #racks >= RF you can stream consistently. if this
patch gets in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-13841

you could also achieve the same atm if you are using single tokens.