Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com> on 2004/07/06 19:11:21 UTC

NullPointerException when calling getId()

I have the following code snippet:

Resource res = results.nextResource();
log.debug(res.getId());
log.error((String) res.getContent());

res.getId() returns a NullPointer whereas getContent() returns the
actual content just fine.

Any idea what might be wrong? (I guess another stupid question of mine ...)

TIA

Michi

--
Michael Wechner

Re: NullPointerException when calling getId()

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.

> Can you describe how you got this resource (with null ID)?

as described in the documentation:

String driver = "org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.DatabaseImpl";
Class c = Class.forName(driver);
Database database = (Database) c.newInstance();
DatabaseManager.registerDatabase(database);
String collection = "xmldb:xindice:///db/test";
log.debug(collection);
col = DatabaseManager.getCollection(collection);
String xpath = "/article/lenya:meta[not(wf:state='live') and
dc:contributor='" + username  + "']";
log.debug(xpath);
XPathQueryService service = (XPathQueryService)
col.getService("XPathQueryService", "1.0");
ResourceSet resultSet = service.query(xpath);
if (col != null) {
   col.close();
}

That's how I retrieve the resultSet. As said the strange thing is that
getContent() works fine, but getId() returns a NullPointer.

btw, I am using xindice-1.1b4.jar  xmldb-api-20030701.jar  xmlrpc-1.1.jar

Thanks for your help

Michi

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.