Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by "Mark J. Stang" <ma...@earthlink.net> on 2001/12/29 20:07:59 UTC

Deleting Collections

Hi,
Seb send an example of how to delete a collection and I am a little confused.
In his example :

from java code: you can use
Collection col = .....;  //   could be the root collection /db for example
col.getService("CollectionManager", "1.0";
service.dropCollection("bla");

Is "Collection col = " the collection I want to delete?   Or is it the parent?

Getting the service seems straight forward, but what is the value of
"bla"?   Would it be the name of the collection I am dropping?

Any help would be appreciated.   Where would I find this in the
documentation?

thanks,

Mark

P.S.  dbXML is proving to be a great product, kudos to Tom and Kimbro!

Re: Deleting Collections

Posted by "Mark J. Stang" <ma...@earthlink.net>.
I noticed in the CreateCollection.java that the parent collection ends
with a "/".   Is this necessary to access the "db" collection?  Or only
when you concatonate on a collection with "db".   And I dread the
answer, but how many levels can a collection be?   Collections within
Collections?

regards,

Mark

Re: Deleting Collections

Posted by Kimbro Staken <ks...@dbxmlgroup.com>.
On Saturday, December 29, 2001, at 12:07 PM, Mark J. Stang wrote:

> Hi,
> Seb send an example of how to delete a collection and I am a little
> confused.
> In his example :
>
> from java code: you can use
> Collection col = .....;  //   could be the root collection /db for example
> col.getService("CollectionManager", "1.0";
> service.dropCollection("bla");
>
> Is "Collection col = " the collection I want to delete?   Or is it the
> parent?

It is the parent.