Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Tim McConnell <ti...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/23 05:26:40 UTC

Re: The Drive to Five

Hi David, I noticed that a number of the subtasks for the OPENEJB-216 JIRA for annotations
have already been closed. Also, I see the @interface code in the descriptions of these
closed subtasks. What I don't see though is the actual code anywhere (I'm looking in
/openejb/trunk/openejb2). Am I looking in the correct place for the code and am I
interpreting the status of these subtasks correctly ?? The reason I ask is that we're
going to need similar subtasks for the JSR-88 implementation for Geronimo, and would like
to see any examples if they already exist.

Thanks much,
Tim McConnell

David Blevins wrote:
> On Nov 16, 2006, at 10:44 AM, David Blevins wrote:
>
>> On Nov 15, 2006, at 8:38 AM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:
>>

>>> January
>>> 26th - Release Milestone 2
>>>   Add EJB 3.0 in its current form (need David's input on this)
>>>   JAXB
>>>   JEE Mgmt 1.1
>>>   Web Services 1.2 (perhaps the Axis guys or Celtixfire folks have
>>> some thoughts on this)
>>>

>> Dec would be pushing it and Feb is just too late, so this seems like a
>> fine date to shoot for.
>>

> Since I've already gotten a couple offline questions/comments "You'll
> have all of EJB 3 done by Jan! Great!", posting more details.  We've got
> some good EJB 3 features completed already.  Whatever more we can
> complete in the next month and a half + three or so weeks of release
> time is likely what we could get into a milestone 2.  Won't be a
> complete stack, but there will definitely be some exciting new EJB3
> features to play with.
>
> Here's a good page to watch:
> http://incubator.apache.org/openejb/openejb-3-roadmap.html  (updated
> manually)
>
> And some key issues to track:
>
> Lifecycles:
>  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-76
>  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-77
>
> Interceptors:
>  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-79
>  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-80
>
> Business Interface Support:
>  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-90
>
> Dependency Injection:
>  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-98
>
> EJB 3.0 tests:
>  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-142
>
> Annotations:
>  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-216
>
> Also, open invitation to anyone who wants to help!  The more the
> merrier!  Hop on openejb-dev@incubator.apache.org and say hi.
>
> -David
>
>> -David

Tim

Re: The Drive to Five

Posted by Tim McConnell <ti...@gmail.com>.
Now I see it--thanks Matt

Matt Hogstrom wrote:
> Look in /openejb/trunk/openejb3
>
> On Dec 22, 2006, at 11:26 PM, Tim McConnell wrote:
>
>> Hi David, I noticed that a number of the subtasks for the OPENEJB-216
>> JIRA for annotations have already been closed. Also, I see the
>> @interface code in the descriptions of these closed subtasks. What I
>> don't see though is the actual code anywhere (I'm looking in
>> /openejb/trunk/openejb2). Am I looking in the correct place for the
>> code and am I interpreting the status of these subtasks correctly ??
>> The reason I ask is that we're going to need similar subtasks for the
>> JSR-88 implementation for Geronimo, and would like to see any examples
>> if they already exist.
>>
>> Thanks much,
>> Tim McConnell
>>

>> David Blevins wrote:

>>> Since I've already gotten a couple offline questions/comments "You'll
>>> have all of EJB 3 done by Jan! Great!", posting more details.  We've
>>> got some good EJB 3 features completed already.  Whatever more we can
>>> complete in the next month and a half + three or so weeks of release
>>> time is likely what we could get into a milestone 2.  Won't be a
>>> complete stack, but there will definitely be some exciting new EJB3
>>> features to play with.
>>> Here's a good page to watch:
>>> http://incubator.apache.org/openejb/openejb-3-roadmap.html  (updated
>>> manually)
>>> And some key issues to track:
>>> Lifecycles:
>>>  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-76
>>>  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-77
>>> Interceptors:
>>>  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-79
>>>  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-80
>>> Business Interface Support:
>>>  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-90
>>> Dependency Injection:
>>>  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-98
>>> EJB 3.0 tests:
>>>  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-142
>>> Annotations:
>>>  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-216
>>> Also, open invitation to anyone who wants to help!  The more the
>>> merrier!  Hop on openejb-dev@incubator.apache.org and say hi.
>>> -David
>>>>

>> --Thanks,
>> Tim
>>

> Matt Hogstrom
> matt@hogstrom.org

Tim McConnell

Re: The Drive to Five

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
Look in /openejb/trunk/openejb3

On Dec 22, 2006, at 11:26 PM, Tim McConnell wrote:

> Hi David, I noticed that a number of the subtasks for the
> OPENEJB-216 JIRA for annotations have already been closed. Also, I
> see the @interface code in the descriptions of these closed
> subtasks. What I don't see though is the actual code anywhere (I'm
> looking in /openejb/trunk/openejb2). Am I looking in the correct
> place for the code and am I interpreting the status of these
> subtasks correctly ?? The reason I ask is that we're going to need
> similar subtasks for the JSR-88 implementation for Geronimo, and
> would like to see any examples if they already exist.
>
> Thanks much,
> Tim McConnell
>

> David Blevins wrote:

>>> Dec would be pushing it and Feb is just too late, so this seems
>>> like a fine date to shoot for.
>>>
>> Since I've already gotten a couple offline questions/comments
>> "You'll have all of EJB 3 done by Jan! Great!", posting more
>> details.  We've got some good EJB 3 features completed already.
>> Whatever more we can complete in the next month and a half + three
>> or so weeks of release time is likely what we could get into a
>> milestone 2.  Won't be a complete stack, but there will definitely
>> be some exciting new EJB3 features to play with.
>> Here's a good page to watch:
>> http://incubator.apache.org/openejb/openejb-3-roadmap.html
>> (updated manually)
>> And some key issues to track:
>> Lifecycles:
>>  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-76
>>  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-77
>> Interceptors:
>>  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-79
>>  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-80
>> Business Interface Support:
>>  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-90
>> Dependency Injection:
>>  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-98
>> EJB 3.0 tests:
>>  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-142
>> Annotations:
>>  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-216
>> Also, open invitation to anyone who wants to help!  The more the
>> merrier!  Hop on openejb-dev@incubator.apache.org and say hi.
>> -David
>>> -David

> Tim