Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Janakiraman <ja...@inswit.com> on 2018/11/01 05:45:44 UTC

Usage of XmlBeans triggers "clearThreadLocalMap" warnings in Tomcat with XSSF

catalina.2013-07-30.log.bz2:SEVERE: The web application /ure_v3 created
a ThreadLocal with key of type
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.schema.SchemaTypeLoaderImpl$1 (value
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.schema.SchemaTypeLoaderImpl$1@57a73656) and a
value of type java.util.ArrayList (value
java.lang.ref.SoftReference@22e0750f) but failed to remove it when the
web application was stopped. Threads are going to be renewed over time
to try and avoid a probable memory leak.
catalina.2013-07-30.log.bz2:SEVERE: The web application /ure_v3 created
a ThreadLocal with key of type org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.CharUtil$1
(value org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.CharUtil$1@32c00f6e) and a value
of type java.lang.ref.SoftReference (value
java.lang.ref.SoftReference@3e253dac) but failed to remove it when the
java.lang.ref.SoftReference@7ef40713) but failed to remove it when the
web application was stopped. Threads are going to be renewed over time
to try and avoid a probable memory leak.

Any workaround code for able issue. I am using latest version of
xmlbeans3.0.1 and POI 4.0.1.

Regards,

Janakiraman N

Re: Usage of XmlBeans triggers "clearThreadLocalMap" warnings in Tomcat with XSSF

Posted by Greg Woolsey <gr...@gmail.com>.
+1 for more information, like container type and version, platform, jre,
etc.  I've been using poi in a tomcat deployed webapp for nearly 15 years
and never seen this.

Posted by Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at>.