Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Madhavi Thottempudi <ma...@caret.cam.ac.uk> on 2002/10/24 18:06:22 UTC

xsl taglib

Hi there!
Is anybody out there working with XSL taglib for transformations??
please can U tell me if they are used for client-side transformations
or if they are like taglibs that can be used in xslt for some extra logic.
I am new to these technologies...so please excuse my dumb question

cheers
-Madhavi

Re: xsl taglib

Posted by Mauro Daniel Ardolino <ma...@altersoft.com.ar>.
You have to use JSTL taglib instead.  XSL taglib is deprecated.
JSTL taglib requires jsdk 1.4 at least.

You have to put the .jar files of jstl (download from apache) in:
<your-app-context-path>/WEB-INF/lib/.

Then put the .tld files in:
<your-app-context-path>/WEB-INF/.

Then mention the the .tld files in the web.xml file of your application:
<web-app>

  <taglib>
    <taglib-uri>http://java.sun.com/jstl/xml</taglib-uri>
    <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/x.tld</taglib-location>
  </taglib>

  <taglib>
    <taglib-uri>http://java.sun.com/jstl/core</taglib-uri>
    <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/c.tld</taglib-location>
  </taglib>

</web-app>

Then this in the header of your jsp file:
<%@ taglib prefix="x" uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/xml" %>
<%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core" %>

and later in the jsp, an example of transformation:

<c:import url="/data/something.xml" var="xml"/>
<c:import url="/data/something.xsl" var="xslt"/>

<x:transform xml="${xml}" xslt="${xslt}" />

Sometimes there's a strange error, something like "mayor minor 48".  If
you have this error message may be because you have to replace your
tools.jar of <tomcat_home>/common/lib.  You have to put a new tools.jar
from the jsdk 1.4

bye!

Mauro

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Madhavi Thottempudi wrote:

> Hi there!
> Is anybody out there working with XSL taglib for transformations??
> please can U tell me if they are used for client-side transformations
> or if they are like taglibs that can be used in xslt for some extra logic.
> I am new to these technologies...so please excuse my dumb question
>
> cheers
> -Madhavi

Ing.Mauro Daniel Ardolino
Departamento de Desarrollo y Servicios