Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Yogesh Patel <yo...@highq.com> on 2015/12/14 07:34:38 UTC

Generated Dump file for HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError

Hi ,

We set -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError
but we couldn't find any file which contains the heap dump.
As per the docs file name will be "./java_pid<pid>.hprof" but there is no
such file generated on OutOFMemoryError.

--
*Thanks & Regards,*

* Yogesh Patel*

Re: Generated Dump file for HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Yogesh,

On 12/16/15 3:50 AM, Yogesh Patel wrote:
> Working directory for tomcat is like "D:\tools\tomcat7-4", but there is no
> file generated under this directory.

Maybe a file permissions error? Can the user running your service write
to D:\tools\tomcat7-4? If you are in fact running as a service, the
local service user has virtually no privileges (which is appropriate).

-chris

Posted by Yogesh Patel <yo...@highq.com>.
Hi Christopher,

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.