Posted to dev@ace.apache.org by Premek Brada <br...@kiv.zcu.cz> on 2011/03/02 21:40:43 UTC

Re: updating bundle-target mapping

On 14.2.2011 13:24, Premek Brada wrote:
> Hi Angelo,
>
> thanks for replying, I serve only as a proxy to the developer :( so I
> have forwarded your suggestions to him and will wait for a response.

OK, after a longish pause... a little correction of the original
question, to clarify things up a bit.

The key puzzling thing for us is this: We know how to change the
Artifact-Gateway mapping at:

http://localhost:8080/repository/checkout?customer=apache&name=deployment&version=XX
but we don’t know why it isn´t changed automatically when we change
Artifact-Feature mapping at:

http://localhost:8080/repository/checkout?customer=apache&name=shop&version=XX

Could you enlighten us on that?

> On 3.2.2011 21:39, Angelo van der Sijpt wrote:
>> Hi Premek,
>>
>> Hm, it should be enough programmatically create the links, let the

That's probably what we do - we access the ACE repository from within
our code via its URL interface similarly to the legacy
o.a.ace.test.tools.RepositoryTool (checkout and commit command) as
described at http://incubator.apache.org/ace/software-development-tools.html

We modify the mappings repository in three steps:
1) download the mapping as XML
2) Parse and modify the XML by DOM
3) Upload the modified mapping to ACE Server

>> StatefulGatewayRepository generate the new deployment version (you
>> could, for instance, start logging events to see whether that
>> actually happens), and commit the RepositoryAdmin.
>>
>> You are using the API's provided for this, e.g. the GatewayRepository
>> and friends? Besides, did you remember to either approve the gateway,
>> or to turn on its AutoApprove property?

StatefulGatewayRepository and RepositoryAdmin aren't used because, erm,
we don’t know how to use them. Would it be possible to give or point us
to some simple example code (like that in RepositoryTool class)?

Thanks,
Premek and Tomas