Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by Rubén Alfaro Díaz <ru...@greenvalleybelgium.be> on 2013/09/12 09:50:27 UTC

OpenCmis library use

Hi all,

First of all thanks for the CMIS's client that you have developed and make
easier the way to connect with a CMIS compliant server.

Now I would like ask about help. This is my situation.

I am using this version:

<dependency>
        <groupId>org.apache.chemistry.opencmis</groupId>
        <artifactId>chemistry-opencmis-client-impl</artifactId>
        <version>0.10.0</version>
</dependency>

And I am making tests with Servers:
  - Nuxeo 5.7.2
  - Apache chemistry 0.10.0
  - Alfresco 4.2.0

In all of them I would like make some tests with policies objects.

- createPolicy
- applyPolicy
- getPolicies
- removePolicy

But I can't create a Policy and I am blocked here for some days.

Do you have some example of this?

Thanks a lot
Carlos

Re: OpenCmis library use

Posted by "Huebel, Jens" <j....@sap.com>.
Hi Carlos,

Not sure what your exact problem is, perhaps you can describe the error
that you get.

To my knowledge neither Alfresco nor Nuxeo support policies at the moment.
You can check this if you get a cmis:policy type back from a
getTypeDefinitions() call. This can be seen in the workbench.

For the opencmis InMemory server policies are supported but do not have
any semantics. You can create, read and delete them but they don't do
anything. The procedure is basically the same as for creating a document,
item or folder. Any example code should work as a template.

You may also want to take a look at the
org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.inmemory.PolicyTest unit test from InMemory.

Jens