Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Shimon Crown <sh...@equipnet.co.il> on 2002/09/18 07:30:37 UTC

server-config.wsdd is not written to WEB-INF

JDK 1.4.1 - Axis RC1 - Apache (latest version)/Tomcat 4.1 on Windows NT4 workstation - using sample webapp.

When I run AdminClient the server places the resulting server-config.wsdd in  C:\WINNT\Profiles\XXX\Start Menu\Programs\Apache Tomcat 4.1 where XXX is my user name instead of in the WebApps WEB-INF file. I get the following report on the Tomcat console :

- Problem with servlet engine config file: C:\wcb\InetPub\webapps\axis\/WEB-INF/ server-config.wsdd

The above was cut and pasted from the Tomcat console  - I guess the odd \/ (this is not a v but a bad mix of directory separators) before WEB-INF is messing things up. It looks like a Windows - Unix or URL mess up.

This looks like an axis bug. If so where in the code can I patch it so I can carry on my work. If this isn't an axis bug then what do am I doing wrong.
I did not have this problem with the last beta version of Axis.

Shimon Crown

Re: server-config.wsdd is not written to WEB-INF - supplemental

Posted by Shimon Crown <sh...@equipnet.co.il>.
Searching through the archives I see that this bug has been reported before
on this list. I don't see any e-mails on it in the developers list. I
couldn't find this Bugzilla but I am not familiar with the somewhat
complicated interface to this program so I may well be wrong here. Does
anyone know the current status of this bug ?

Shimon Crown