Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/25 17:36:02 UTC

Re: Schema configurations for setting non-case sensitive search and matching partial word in a search string

Pipe things through LowerCaseFilterFactory to turn everything into lower
case, at both index and query time, assuming you want to perform caseless
matches.

Depending on the behavior you want as far as "partial word matches", it
depends (tm). The specific example you cite would be handled by stemming,
see any of the stemming factories (e.g. SnowballPorterFilterFactory, Porter
StemFilterFactory, etc). These do NOT address things like having cra match
crawfish since crawfish doesn't stem down to cra...

This is a very valuable page:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/AnalyzersTokenizersTokenFilters

<http://wiki.apache.org/solr/AnalyzersTokenizersTokenFilters>HTH
Erick