Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by gauravshetti <ga...@tcs.com> on 2010/11/12 17:46:49 UTC

analyzer type

Can you please help me distinguish between analyzer types. i am not able to
find document for the same.

I want to add solr.HTMLStripCharFilterFactory in the schema.xml file.

And i can see two types defined in my schema.xml for analyzer
<analyzer type="index">
<analyzer type="query">

Re: analyzer type

Posted by Tomas Fernandez Lobbe <to...@yahoo.com.ar>.
For a field type the anslysis applied at index time (when you are adding
documents to Solr) can be a slightly different than the analysis applied at
query time (when a user executes a query). For example, if you know you are
going to be indexing html pages, you might need to use the
HTMLStripCharFilterFactor to strip the html tags, but the user wont be querieng
with html tags, right? so in that case you might need the
HTMLStripCharFilterFactory only at index time (on the "index" type analyzer).

If you don't specify the analyzer type, by default, the same analysis chain (all
the same token filters, char filters and the tokenizer) will be applied to both,
indexing and querying.

I hope I made myself clear