Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by Milind A Bhandarkar <mi...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2010/06/01 06:16:38 UTC

First International Mapreduce Workshop 2010: Paper submission deadline July 15 , 2010

First International Workshop on Theory and Practice of Mapreduce (MapRed
2010)

Indianapolis, USA: Nov 30 - Dec 3, 2010

MapReduce is a programming model, introduced by Google in 2004, to simplify
distributed processing of large datasets on clusters of commodity computers.
Currently, there exist several open-source implementations including Hadoop.
MapReduce became the model of choice for many web enterprises, very often
being the enabler for cloud services. Recently, it also gained significant
attention in scientific community for parallel data analysis e.g. Rhipe. The
purpose of the workshop is to discuss both theoretical and practical
advances in MapReduce (or similar systems), identify open issues, present
new related tools and report on scientific or industrial applications.
Therefore, we are glad to invite contributions including, but not limited
to:

€ Implementation/architecture of MapReduce programming model
€ Improvements and extensions
€ Optimizations e.g multi-core, GPU
€ Fault-tolerance
€ Security
€ Job scheduling
€ Environments and tools
€ Real-time extensions and applications
€ Data collection
€ Data- and Compute-intensive problems
€ MapReduce as a support for mobile services
€ Algorithms based on MapReduce paradigm
€ Applications and lessons learned
€ Scientific and industrial data analysis (including higher level languages
based on MapReduce)
€ Cloud computing implementation and applications of MapReduce (e.g. on AWS)

Authors are invited to submit full papers of two types:
- research papers at most 8 pages,
- application papers at most 6 pages,
including figures, tables and references using the IEEE format for
conference proceedings.

Accepted papers will appear in the main conference proceedings. The
conference and workshop proceedings will be published by IEEE (pending).
After the conference, extended and revised versions of distinguished papers
will be invited for possible publication in a special issue of the Journals:
Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience Journal (Wiley,
SCI-indexed)
Computer Science and Technology Journal (Springer, SCI-indexed pending)

Important dates
€ Submission deadline: July 15th , 2010
€ Author notification: Aug. 10th, 2010
€ Camera-ready manuscript: Sept. 1st, 2010
€ Author registration: Sept. 1st, 2010

For more info: mapred2010@easychair.org

Organized by the Indiana University,

mapreduce.CloudCom.org

Technically sponsored by the IEEE Computer Society

First International Workshop on Theory and Practice of MapReduce
(MAPRED'2010)
Indianapolis, USA, Nov 30 ­ Dec 3, 20

Workshop/Program Chairs

Milind A Bhandarkar, Yahoo!, USA
Tomasz Wiktor Wlodarczyk, University of Stavanger, Norway

Steering Chair

Chunming Rong, University of Stavanger, Norway

Technical Chair

Rui Maximo Esteves, University of Stavanger, Norway

Program Committee

Abdulrahman Azab, University of Stavanger, Norway
Aleksandar Bradic, Vast.com, USA
Alexandre de Assis Bento Lima, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro,
Brazil
Chris K Wensel, Concurrent, USA
Colin Evans, Metaweb Technologies, USA
Eddy Caron, ENS de Lyon, France
Gabriel Antoniu, INRIA, France
Gilles Fedak, INRIA, France
Hidemoto Nakada, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and
Technology, Japan
Oleg Lodygensky, Universite Paris Sud 11, France
Rui Maximo, University of Stavanger, Norway
Scott Preece, Yahoo!, USA
Teresa Wingfield, Datameer, USA
Vadim Zaliva, Tristero Consulting, USA
Xuanhua Shi, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China
Zheng Shao, Facebook, USA

--
Milind Bhandarkar
Y!IM: GridSolutions

Fwd: First International Mapreduce Workshop 2010: Paper submission deadline July 15 , 2010

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Begin forwarded message: