Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jean-Francois Denise - Sun Microsystems <je...@sun.com> on 2004/07/15 14:28:09 UTC

NullPointerException when using JDK 1.5

Sending a simple SOAP request to axis 1.1 server leads to NullPointerException.

A cleaning is done by axis (setting a property on SAXParser to null
value). It makes the parser to throw a NPE.
It was not the case using JDK 1.4.
Is it a known bug? Should axis change its cleaning algo? I checked the
JDK 1.5 javadoc. Nothing is said concerning setting property to null.

    {}faultData: null
    {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at java.util.Hashtable.put(Hashtable.java:396)
    at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl.setProperty(SAXParserImpl.java:385)
    at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.parse(DeserializationContextImpl.java:246)
    at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:538)
    at org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:376)
    at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.invoke(AxisServer.java:318)
    at
com.sun.jmx.webservice.axis.transport.SimpleAxisWorker.run(SimpleAxisWorker.java:443)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Regards.

JEFF.

Re: NullPointerException when using JDK 1.5

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
see http://www.mail-archive.com/axis-dev@ws.apache.org/msg02320.html
for an explanation.

-- dims