Posted to xang-dev@xml.apache.org by dlb <se...@worldnet.att.net> on 2001/03/06 06:08:36 UTC

Re: advice on install- part 2 ?

Ok , I think I have Xang configured properly - hadn't had Xalan , Xerces , or
any of the other components set-up properly - bothered to RTFM. :P

now I'm encountering a problem which relates to the 'onGet' event handler. I've
copied the 'samples' directory provided with Xang 0.0.3 to a web accessible
directory on my Apache and have tested hello.xap and fs2http.xap with the
following results...

hello throws :

System error
Error in handler for 'onGet'
Runtime error no global function named 'get'
detected at line 1 in string: 'get();  '
____________
fs2http throws :

System error
Error in handler for 'onGet'
Runtime error no global function named 'get'
detected at line 35 of function 'pre_get' in string starting with:
'pre_get();'...
called at line 1 in string starting with: 'pre_get();'...
.
.
  // call base method
  get(context,returnTypes,parameters);

system.script.xml and editor.script.xml are in http://localhost/xang/samples/
- though I've done test with these in the same directory as the *.xap file as
well.

get() is apparent within system.script.xml

please advise ..

thanks
David

Re: advice on install- part 2 ?

Posted by dlb <se...@worldnet.att.net>.
Hi Mike;

The include appears to have been corrupted by whitespace between the 'script'
tags - when  I'd removed the spaces (ie. <script></script>) , system.script.xml
was included.

I think that I'm very close to having this all set up , still haven't been able
to run hello.xap due to the following error :
Runtime error Java class not found:
'org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTProcessorFactory.getProcessorUsingLiaisonName'

on the statement
____
processor =
Packages.org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTProcessorFactory.getProcessorUsingLiaisonName("org.apache.xalan.xpath.xdom.XercesLiaison");

____

this pertains to Xalans interaction w/ Xerces , apparently for processing DOM
input.  I've got xerces registered within my classpath and have tried both the
xerces.jar included with the xalan distro as well as the newest binary available
from the Xerces project. Xalan's doc's don't mention this error and I haven't
found it elsewhere.

any ideas would be appreciated.  In the interim I'll try to write a simple
'hello world' script to confirm that the basic Xang config is OK.

_also I've posted my classpath registry below

again, thanks
- D

wrapper.classpath=C:\Program Files\Apache JServ 1.1.1\ApacheJServ.jar
wrapper.classpath=c:\jsdk2.0\lib\jsdk.jar
wrapper.classpath=C:\Program Files\Apache JServ 1.1.1\servlets\xang.jar
wrapper.classpath=C:\Program Files\Apache JServ 1.1.1\servlets\xalan.jar
wrapper.classpath=C:\Program Files\Apache JServ 1.1.1\servlets\xerces.jar
wrapper.classpath=C:\Program Files\Apache JServ 1.1.1\servlets\bsf.jar
wrapper.classpath=C:\Program Files\Apache JServ 1.1.1\servlets\xalansamples.jar
wrapper.classpath=C:\Program Files\Apache JServ 1.1.1\servlets\xalan.jar
wrapper.classpath=C:\Program Files\Apache JServ 1.1.1\servlets\xalanservlet.jar
wrapper.classpath=C:\Program Files\Apache JServ 1.1.1\servlets\xercesSamples.jar

wrapper.classpath=C:\Program Files\Apache JServ
1.1.1\servlets\stylebook-1.0-b3_xalan-2.jar
wrapper.classpath=C:\Program Files\Apache JServ 1.1.1\servlets\ant.jar
wrapper.classpath=C:\Program Files\Apache JServ 1.1.1\servlets\fesi.zip

Re: advice on install- part 2 ?

Posted by "S. Mike Dierken" <mi...@dierken.com>.
Dave,