Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Kommuru, Bhaskar" <Bh...@standardbank.co.za> on 2004/06/03 15:53:49 UTC

httpd.conf ---- what is this?

httpd.conf from apache: What is the difference between these two modules
(prefork.c and worker.c) below..
<IfModule prefork.c>
MaxClients       150
StartServers     5
MinSpareServers  5
MaxSpareServers 10
</IfModule>

<IfModule worker.c>
StartServers         2
MaxClients         150
MinSpareThreads     25
MaxSpareThreads     75
ThreadsPerChild     25
MaxRequestsPerChild  0
</IfModule>

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For information about the Standard Bank group visit our web site <www.standardbank.co.za>
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Disclaimer and confidentiality note
Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relating to the official business of Standard Bank Group Limited  is proprietary to the group.
It is confidential, legally privileged and protected by law.
Standard Bank does not own and endorse any other content. Views and opinions are those of the sender unless clearly stated as being that of the group.
The person addressed in the e-mail is the sole authorised recipient. Please notify the sender immediately if it has unintentionally reached you and do not read,
disclose or use the content in any way.
Standard Bank can not assure that the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that it is free of errors, virus, interception or interference.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Re: Serving up static content through apache using mod_jk

Posted by James Sherwood <js...@romulin.com>.
Yes but in my case I have a ton of directories that are dynamically changed
so I want everything served through tomcat except some static stuff in one
directory:)

Any ideas?

Posted by James Sherwood <js...@romulin.com>.

Posted by James Sherwood <js...@romulin.com>.
Hi,
    I am trying to serve up some of our static content through Apache
instead of Tomcat

I am using apache 2.049 and Tomcat 5.025 with mod_jk 1.2.5

Lets say in tomcat I have a directory serving up static html called
staticserve. I reach it through
www.mydomain.ca/staticserve/index.html

I created a virtual host like this:

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerAdmin me@mydomain.com
    DocumentRoot %pathtoapache%/htdocs/staticserve
    ServerName mydomain.ca
    JKMount /* ajp13
    ErrorLog mylog.log
</VirtualHost>

and transfered the contents of staticserve to the staticserve directory in
htdocs.

My problem is that apache is not serving up the contents in staticserve,
tomcat is

I think I am just missing something small, any ideas?

Thanks James

Re: httpd.conf ---- what is this?

Posted by QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>.
On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 03:53:49PM +0200, Kommuru, Bhaskar wrote:
: httpd.conf from apache: What is the difference between these two modules
: (prefork.c and worker.c) below..
: [snip]

This is a question for an Apache forum.

-QM