Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Arnab Ganguly <ag...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/07 15:31:55 UTC

[users@httpd] Need help on memory related issues

Hi All,
I am facing a terrible memory leak issue.I tried with setting
MaxRequestPerChild to some value but even then I see a increase in memory
consumption.For each request there is a substantial increase in RSS value
and this memory is never returned back to RAM it seems.

I was using apr_palloc then I replaced it with own malloc and added a
apr_pool_cleanup_run for releasing the memory, even I tried to create a
subpool and release it later once the request is over but still it doesn't
result anything better.Please let me know what should be the approach I
should take to resolve this. Any help would be highly appreciated.

I am using Apache 2.2.8 with MPM=worker on Red-Hat 3.0.
Thanks in advance
-A