Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Anthony Kay <aw...@yahoo.com> on 2003/02/13 19:48:31 UTC

Velocity Tools and Dependencies

I think I am a bit confused as to what version of things I should
be insuring compatibility with. What version of Velocity are the
Tools in the process of being updated to support? I was using
the CVS version (1.4), but after getting some sleep :o), I have a
feeling that we really want to make sure they work with 1.3.1rc2.

Tim, note that your documentation on the "properties" key is
absolutely correct with respect to 1.3.1rc2. There is no mention
of a new key name for configuring velocity properties in the
current release candidate, sorry.

Re: Velocity Tools and Dependencies

Posted by Nathan Bubna <na...@esha.com>.
Anthony said:
> I think I am a bit confused as to what version of things I should
> be insuring compatibility with. What version of Velocity are the
> Tools in the process of being updated to support? I was using
> the CVS version (1.4), but after getting some sleep :o), I have a
> feeling that we really want to make sure they work with 1.3.1rc2.

<guilty-confession>
I haven't personally tested velocity-tools with 1.4-dev yet.  :-/
</guilty-confession>

So, yes, we do really want to make sure things work with 1.3.1!  :-)
as that is essentially the current release (imho, the 'rc2' appendix is a
mere formality at this point), we need to make sure velocity-tools is
compatible with it.

it is good, though, to have compatibility with the changes in 1.4, and i
really ought to give that a whirl now and then.  :)

Nathan Bubna
nathan@esha.com