Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Karr, David" <da...@wamu.net> on 2008/03/25 23:50:44 UTC

Issues with building custom Ant task and using it in same build?

I have to write a custom Ant task to get some detailed data out of
Perforce into some properties, and then I need to use those properties
in following steps of a build.  Are there any difficulties in having my
build first compile the Ant task, and then use it in the further steps
of the build?  Can I do that in a single Ant build file, or do I have to
do something funky with a top-level script to build the task, and then a
sub-level script to use the task?

Re: Issues with building custom Ant task and using it in same build?

Posted by Peter Reilly <pe...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 10:50 PM, Karr, David <da...@wamu.net> wrote:
> I have to write a custom Ant task to get some detailed data out of
>  Perforce into some properties, and then I need to use those properties
>  in following steps of a build.  Are there any difficulties in having my
>  build first compile the Ant task, and then use it in the further steps
>  of the build?  Can I do that in a single Ant build file,

There is no problem with this.
(I did this all the time)
Just place the <taskdef or <typedef after the compile step.

Peter