Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by p-fx <sh...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/17 10:53:49 UTC

Urgent Help needed

Hello.
I am using ActiveMQ as message Broker with something like 140 Topics.
I am facing a problem that the broker keeps old messages, instead of
discarding them in order to send new messages (so clients gets old data
instead of current data).
How do I configure the broker not to keep old messages? the important data
is allways the last data, so if a consumer didn't get data, he will get next
time the most updated.
I have configured on producer TTL as 250, but it doesn't seem to work...
One other thing,
How can I disable the creation of advisory topics?

Any help will be appreciated...

Re: Urgent Help needed

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 11:44 AM, Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 2:53 AM, p-fx <sh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello.
>> I am using ActiveMQ as message Broker with something like 140 Topics.
>> I am facing a problem that the broker keeps old messages, instead of
>> discarding them in order to send new messages (so clients gets old data
>> instead of current data).
>> How do I configure the broker not to keep old messages? the important data
>> is allways the last data, so if a consumer didn't get data, he will get next
>> time the most updated.
>> I have configured on producer TTL as 250, but it doesn't seem to work...
>> One other thing,
>> How can I disable the creation of advisory topics?
>>
>> Any help will be appreciated...
>
> If you have set the timeToLive on the producer, then the messages
> should be expired in the broker. What version of ActiveMQ are you
> using?
>
> Also, given your requirements, you might want to consider setting up
> an eviction policy:
>
> http://activemq.apache.org/slow-consumer-handling.html

BTW, if you enable debug logging, you will see messages like the
following showing the thread that expires messages:

2010-08-17 11:58:52,777 | DEBUG | Expiring messages .. |
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue | ActiveMQ Scheduler

Bruce
);'

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/brucesnyder

Re: Urgent Help needed

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.

Re: Urgent Help needed

Posted by Johan Edstrom <jo...@opennms.org>.
Are the clients acking the sent messages?

On Aug 17, 2010, at 3:27 AM, p-fx wrote:

> NO.
> I am using MemoryPersistent and sending as NON_PERSISTENT (configured on
> producer).
>

> vanir wrote:
>>
>> have you enabled by persistence.?.This might keep the old messages..
>>

>> p-fx wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello.
>>> I am using ActiveMQ as message Broker with something like 140 Topics.
>>> I am facing a problem that the broker keeps old messages, instead of
>>> discarding them in order to send new messages (so clients gets old data
>>> instead of current data).
>>> How do I configure the broker not to keep old messages? the important
>>> data is allways the last data, so if a consumer didn't get data, he will
>>> get next time the most updated.
>>> I have configured on producer TTL as 250, but it doesn't seem to work...
>>> One other thing,
>>> How can I disable the creation of advisory topics?
>>>
>>> Any help will be appreciated...

Johan Edstrom

joed@opennms.org

They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Re: Urgent Help needed

Posted by p-fx <sh...@gmail.com>.
NO.

Re: Urgent Help needed