Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org> on 2019/02/01 07:38:31 UTC

Release check list

Hi All,

Out mentor Justin has provided a check list[1] for release, which I
think it is a very good guide when doing release check for the ongoing
release vote for spring-boot-starter and dubbo-ops

Hopefully more users could know that what does an Apache release means
and what needs to be checked, and more importantly, could help to do
the checks.

[1] https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/IncubatorReleaseChecklist
--
Best Regards!
Huxing

Re: Release check list

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Great suggestion! I will simply answer it and update it to website.

On Fri, Feb 1, 2019 at 6:11 PM Xin Wang <xi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think these can be added:
>
> 1. Who can be release manager ?

Any committer can be the manager, as long as he/she has the write
access to GitHub and ASF maven repository.

> 2. Who can vote and what to check ?

Anyone can vote, the check list are provided in my previous email.

> 3. Simple voting process and completion criteria ?

Typically the vote will last until receiving 3 +1 binding votes. Only
PPMC's vote is binding.
Other votes are consider non-binding, but it help to identify
potential issues. And participation of release vote is an important
way to contribute, if one made enough contribution, it is possible
that the PPMC will consider invite him/her to become committer or PMC
member.

--
Best Regards!
Huxing