Posted to users@camel.apache.org by lleclerc <ll...@aim-rg.com> on 2012/12/05 16:35:19 UTC

ContextTestSupport vs CamelTestSupport

Hi,

Can someone give an answer about the difference between the 2 ?
Or a link to the documented page.

I have been having problems with my testing and I started looking into
camel-core source code to learn with the tests done there, and all I see is
ContextTestSupport.

Why should I be using CamelTestSupport ?

Re: ContextTestSupport vs CamelTestSupport

Posted by Willem jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
OK, I think we have to introduce camel-api module if we want to reduce the duplication of the TestSupport in the feature.

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 2:02 AM, Willem jiang <wi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> First you should use the CamelTestSupport instead of ContextTestSupport in you test case.
>
> Because CamelTestSupport is in the camel-core-test.jar. If you use it you will introduce a very big test jar, and you just want to use small part of it.Normally, we suggest use to use the CamelTestSupport from camel-test module.
>
> As we don't have camel-api module to hold the APIs, camel-test module has the dependency of camel-core. The camel-core unit test cannot have the dependency of camel-test which will introduce the dependency cycle.  So camel-core still use ContextTestSupport in the old way.
>
> Maybe we can consider to put the TestSupport into to the camel-core.jar in the next big version of camel.

-1

People should *always* use the camel-test for unit testing.
As we document here
http://camel.apache.org/testing

What we have inside the src/test/java in camel-core (eg
camel-core-test JAR) is private and for internal testing of Camel
itself).

> --
> Willem Jiang
>
> Red Hat, Inc.
> FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
> Web: http://www.fusesource.com | http://www.redhat.com
> Blog: http://willemjiang.blogspot.com (http://willemjiang.blogspot.com/) (English)
>           http://jnn.iteye.com (http://jnn.javaeye.com/) (Chinese)
> Twitter: willemjiang
> Weibo: 姜宁willem
>

> On Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 11:35 PM, lleclerc wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Can someone give an answer about the difference between the 2 ?
>> Or a link to the documented page.
>>
>> I have been having problems with my testing and I started looking into
>> camel-core source code to learn with the tests done there, and all I see is
>> ContextTestSupport.
>>
>> Why should I be using CamelTestSupport ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

>> --

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Re: ContextTestSupport vs CamelTestSupport

Posted by Willem jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,