Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/02 12:42:35 UTC

ASF Board Draft Report - July 2018

Here is the draft of the January 2018 board report - please let me know if
there is anything else to add.

Apache TinkerPop is a graph computing framework for both graph databases
(OLTP) and graph analytic systems (OLAP).

## Activity:
TinkerPop released versions 3.2.9 and 3.3.3 in early May which included
many bug fixes and some minor new features. Development has started on the
next major release, 3.4.0, which will contain major new features and some
breaking API changes, the first such release in about a year (3.3.0 in
August of 2017 was the last time we had this type of release). Once 3.4.0
is released in coming months, the community will discuss what the future
plan is for the 3.2.x line and whether it requires continued support. We
will continue to develop the 3.3.x line for some time. When 3.4.0 releases
we will have companion 3.2.10 and 3.3.4 releases as well.

TinkerPop has seen continued growth in the development of third-party
libraries, which we tend to take as a sign of good community health. Two
recently announced examples include:

* spring-data-gremlin[1]
* kotlin-gremlin-ogm[2]

Both of these libraries open TinkerPop and its graph query language,
Gremlin, to entirely new development ecosystems in Spring Data and Kotlin
respectively.

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Releases:
- 3.2.9 (May 8, 2018)
- 3.3.3 (May 8, 2018)

## PMC/Committer:
- Last PMC addition was Robert Dale - April 2017
- Last committer addition was Kelvin Lawrence - December 2017

## Links

[1] https://github.com/Microsoft/spring-data-gremlin
[2] https://github.com/pm-dev/kotlin-gremlin-ogm

Re: ASF Board Draft Report - July 2018

Posted by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com>.
I've submitted the report for July 2018 to the board.