Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alberto Peronaci <ap...@it.ibm.com> on 2002/06/11 15:56:52 UTC

General questions on configuring TOMCAT

Good afternoon,
I am trying to configure an Apache Tomcat/4.1 instance on a test machine.
I configured some servlets to be used by an application on the 'shared
classes path', C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.0\shared\classes.
I put them into the web.xml files under the C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.0\conf
directory.
It seems that all it's done well.
When I try to launch the application (the application need to launch a jdbc
connection) in the Tomcat command window I found the "Error Loading
Drivers".
I attached a bitmap containing the Tomcat command window.
As you can see there's another line reporting:

[INFO] JkMain - -APR not loaded, disabling jni components:
java.io.IOException: no jkjni in java.library.path.

Is this an error? Is this related to the jdbc drivers loading? About you
did I make any mistake on the configuration?
Is there anything I need to check?

Could you address my questions to anyone who could help me?

Thanks in advance.

Alberto.
(See attached file: tomcat_error.jpg)

Alberto Peronaci (PERO)
SDSO Architecture and Infrastructure Optimisation
IBM Global Services Strategic Outsourcing
Tie  line   86496
Ext. line  +39-039-6006496
Fax +39-039-6009021
E-mail aperonaci@it.ibm.com