Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Roberto Castro <ro...@cetip.com.br> on 2004/07/07 15:02:16 UTC

How to correlate "pom.currentVersion" with CVS tag.

Hi, I'like to generate jar files of my project downloading source codes from
CVS. I'd like to run maven passing a parameter indicating the CVS tag
version. I'd like to configure "pom.currentVersion" with the same CVS
version, in order to, generate jar files  with this version.
Is it possible to configure "pom.currentVersion" dimanically?
	Thanks in advance,

     Roberto de Castro
     Analista de Suporte
     Cetip - Desus Rio de Janeiro
     +55 21 2276-7439
     mailto:robertoc@cetip.com.br

Re: How to correlate "pom.currentVersion" with CVS tag.

Posted by John Taylor <jd...@roe.ac.uk>.
You could set <currentVersion>${myversion}</currentVersion> and then pass
myversion in on the command line:
maven -Dmyversion=1.2 jar:jar

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
Is there a reason you can't use the scm plugin for this?