Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Rinne Ville <vi...@wmdata.fi> on 2002/12/31 09:48:45 UTC

2.1 release dir empty?

I don't know if it's my eyes or if I have suddenly become retarded but I am
unable to find the 2.1 binaries or source files anywhere on the James
website. The release dir in
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-james/release/v2.1 is empty and the
Jakarta download pages list the latest version of James as 2.0a3.

sincerely,
Ville Rinne

RE: 2.1 release dir empty?

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-james/release/v2.1 is empty

I have configured that URL to redirect to the proper place.

	--- Noel

RE: 2.1 release dir empty?

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> > http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-james/release/v2.1 is empty
> http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-james/nightly/binary/

No, do not download the nightly build.

Apache is changing to use mirrors as the primary download mechanism.  In
order to do that, they are standardizing the download locations for
releases.

The local James release directory is:
http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/james, which will be mirrored on mirror
sites all over the world.  It is desired that people not use the local site
for downloads as a general rule, but download via
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/binindex.cgi and
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/sourceindex.cgi, so that you can download via
the mirrors.  However, since those mirrors take time to propogate, go ahead
and download from the local site at the moment.

	--- Noel

Re: 2.1 release dir empty?

Posted by Harmeet Bedi <ha...@kodemuse.com>.
From: "Rinne Ville" <vi...@wmdata.fi>
> I don't know if it's my eyes or if I have suddenly become retarded but I
am
It is not your eye. :-)

It looks like 2.1 is not there in release dir.
You can find the latest build at.
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-james/nightly/binary/

Harmeet

Re: 2.1 release dir empty?

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
Rinne Ville wrote:
> I don't know if it's my eyes or if I have suddenly become retarded but I am
> unable to find the 2.1 binaries or source files anywhere on the James
> website. The release dir in
> http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-james/release/v2.1 is empty and the
> Jakarta download pages list the latest version of James as 2.0a3.
>
> sincerely,
> Ville Rinne

We've officially released the 2.1 version, but we're still in the
process of trying to push that file out using this new system Apache is
adopting to mirror the binary and source downloads.

Hopefully should show up in a few days.

Serge Knystautas
Loki Technologies
http://www.lokitech.com/