Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Binal Jhaveri <bi...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/12 23:23:23 UTC

Merge more than 127 map-reduce jobs not supported

Hi All,

I am trying to group 135 relations on a common parameter (id) but I am
getting an error.

ERROR 1082: Merge more than 127 map-reduce jobs not supported.

My initial error was ERROR 1082: Cogroups with more than 127 inputs not
supported which I resolved by splitting the group clause.

Now I get the map-reduce jobs not supported error when I try to merge the
split jobs.
Below is the code I am using:

groupAllCat1 = GROUP
r1 BY id, r2 BY id, .....; (65 such relations)

groupAllCat2 = GROUP
x1 BY id, x2 BY id, ....; (70 such relations)

mergedAllCat1 = FOREACH groupAllCat1 GENERATE FLATTEN(group) AS id
, FLATTEN(EmptyBagToNull(r1.c1)) AS r1c1
, FLATTEN(EmptyBagToNull(r2.c1)) AS r2c1
,.....;

mergedAllCat2 = FOREACH groupAllCat2 GENERATE FLATTEN(group) AS id
, FLATTEN(EmptyBagToNull(x1.c1)) AS x1c1
, FLATTEN(EmptyBagToNull(x2.c1)) AS x2c1
, .....;

mergedAll = GROUP mergedAllCat1 BY id, mergedAllCat2 BY id;

My end goal is to produce one row per id with all the fields corresponding
to the id in one single row.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Binal

Re: Merge more than 127 map-reduce jobs not supported

Posted by Vitalii Tymchyshyn <vi...@tym.im>.
Well, I think you should be able to store intermediate results to force
multiple level job being generated.

Чт, 19 лист. 2015 22:27 Binal Jhaveri <bi...@gmail.com> пише:

Posted by Vitalii Tymchyshyn <vi...@tym.im>.

Posted by Arvind S <ar...@gmail.com>.
please give details on
> data sample that you are using as input ..
> sample if output expected.
> whats the volume ..number of files you wish to process
> details on cluster ..version ..nodes ..cpu ..ram etc..
> any other limitations or restriction in env.

*Cheers !!*
Arvind

Posted by Binal Jhaveri <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Daniel/Arvind,