Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by 周华康 <45...@qq.com> on 2016/01/30 13:25:50 UTC

Any suggestions for reading the source code of the Apache Stratos?

Hi all,
       Because my master research area is cloud computing,about two months ago,I decided to learn the Apache Stratos.
       Until now,I have read some pages about the Statos. But I only  have some VERY basic knowledge about stratos,such as the architecture,the key concepts(cartridge,CEP,ADC and etc.) but nothing more.
       Now I just want to follow you guys to contribute and learn something. but after I set the Development  Environment and see the files in the eclipse[1],I was at a loss what to do first,which file should i first to read?
      Any one can give me some advices on how to begin with?Or tell me,what did you do when you first try to read the code?the more detailed the better!
       :)
best wishes!

Yours,
Hank

[1]

Re: Any suggestions for reading the source code of the Apache Stratos?

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
Hi Hank,

It's nice to see your interest on Apache Stratos. You may find more
architectural information about Stratos latest release here [1].

If you are interested on the code, may be you can start with Cloud
Controller (CC). Go to components folder and you will find the cloud
controller source code there. CC's responsibility is to talk to the IaaS
and start and stop VMs and Docker containers.

Afterwards you can move to Autoscaler (AS).

[1] http://www.slideshare.net/imesh/apache-stratos-410-architecture

Thanks

--
Imesh Gunaratne