Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Lionel Crine <cr...@4dconcept.fr> on 2003/11/24 12:40:50 UTC

Re: What could cause a UTFDataFormatException when processing pipeline

Hi,

You should have declare the XSLT docment as UTF-8 and put some accents in
it (ISO-8859-1 for example).

Lionel

At 20:52 01/11/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>Hello all
>
>Please can anyone suggest why the following coudl be happening:
>
>When I attempt an XSL transformation on some XML I get the following error:
>
>org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.:
>java.io.UTFDataFormatException: Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence.
>
>I am presuming this has something to do with illegal characters contained
>within the XML, but the transformation works when tested outside Cocoon so
>what kinds of things could be causing Cocoon to throw this error?
>
>I am running Cocoon 2.1, JDK 1.4.2, Tomcat 4.1 on Windows 2K.
>
>Has anyone else had this error or similar, when doing simple XSL
>transformations via Cocoon?
>
>Thankyou
>
>Jon

Lionel CRINE
Ingénieur Systèmes documentaires
Société : 4DConcept
22 rue Etienne de Jouy 78353 JOUY EN JOSAS
Tel : 01.34.58.70.70 Fax : 01.39.58.70.70